Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Fears

I am on assignment to list my fears of the labor to come.  And then pray and give it all to God. So, I'm scared that.....

  • the pains of labor will be too much or more than I anticipate
  • I won't be able to relax my body for pain relief and for an easier labor
  • I will be fearful in general (I'm afraid of being afraid)
  • all the attention on me will bother me and hinder my labor process
  • I may have to have a C-section or go to the hospital (this scares me the most)
  • that I will be too worried or concerned about other people's comforts and feeling present than focusing on the labor process
  • that I will hit a wall where I feel like I can't go on any further
  • I will stress out if the baby doesn't come by the due date

And even now, I cry while writing this.  I don't know if its fear that I cry or shame for the fears that I have.  I know they are perfectly normal, but I guess I can't be strong Wonder Woman all the time.  And that's the part that bugs me the most, I think.  I've always thought of myself as a strong woman and going through all of this makes me realize how vulnerable I really am.  This is altogether not a bad thing, because it has really created a deep dependence in me for God and his strength and peace and comfort.  I have prayed more about fear and comfort now then in my whole life. 

So, God give me peace and comfort.  Teach me to meditate on your word that I might draw strength from it.  Help me to trust myself and this labor in your extremelly capable hands.  I know that you have a perfect time for this labor and I pray that I may surrener to it.  Thank you for giving me Noah! He has been a pillar of strength for me and I can't imagine going through this without him.  Thank you that he is a great man of God and I can always count on him for the Truth.  Thank you for both of our families being Christians and praying us through all of this. Their support has created a strong foundation for the success of this birth and child.  Thank you for all of your blessings now and to come.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Allison,
    You are not alone in feeling all of these things. One thing that Johnny & I did was make a playlist (CD) with all my favorite worship songs that always brought me peace. We let Noah listen to them during the last trimester and played it nonstop during my entire labor & delivery. It really was incredible. Just an idea.
    Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the prayers! That's a really great idea. We have been thinking of things that we can do like that. One thing that I know we are going to do is make a scripture book that Noah or others can read to to me when I need strength, comfort, and so on. We will have to think about a song list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a strong Christian woman who is determined to have this baby at home. I have no doubt that you will be successful and that you will be able to overcome your fears and/or doubts. Praying for you to have a peaceful delivery without medical intervention...if you need it I know that with God's help you will embrace the help necessary to get your baby here...blessings and prayers for you and your husband!!! * It was good to see you today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Just found your blog thru etsy! I haven't given birth, yet...but I read an awewome book that will encourage you- "Supernatural Childbirth" by Jacki Mize. Very encouraging and faith based! You should read it!!
    Good Luck ♥

    ReplyDelete