Wednesday, March 2, 2011

In the Home Stretch

Woah, its been a while since I'v blogged, ok....

So I am 29 weeks this week and I have grown big time, like exponentially.  In about a month's time I became "you have a cute bump" to "big mama!".  The baby is kicking, punching, and moving around A LOT!  And my feet hurt when I've been walking around too much.  But I love every minute of it!!!  I told Noah that I could totally be an elephant and have a 2-year gestation period.   I love being pregnant!  Our midwife, Janet, says we are in the short time.  That is what she calls it when we go to once-a-month visits to visits every two weeks.

25 weeks

We moved last week from our first apartment as a married couple to our first house as a married couple.  Although I was happy to move to a bigger place with hardwood floors (yeah!), I was sad to see the little apt go.  We have a lot of memories from there and it was really good to us.  But I am NOT having a baby in an apartment! And I don't mean raise a baby in an apartment, because I see nothing wrong with that.  I just don't feel comfortable actually having our home birth there.  I need open space, and the new house definantly has that.  Thank you everyone who were praying for/with us about the new house.  I wanted to step into a house and feel comfortable and have God's peace about it.  And God has given us both that!  He has provided a wonderful place that we love and can see ourselves raising our family at for as long as God has us in San Antonio.

We started our birthing classes with a doula named Brenda Minica.  And we love it!  She is a super sweet lady and her classes are so informative.  But best of all it is Christ-centered teaching.  We talk about everything through God's eyes and dealing with fear, doubt, and emotions with scripture and prayer.  Our midwife suggested her and I am so glad she did.  We are learning so much! 

It is amazing the people God has brought to us during this pregnancy to teach us and to encourage us.  I am so thankful and feel super blessed! I don't know how people do life without God.  I would be a mess! Not that I am not anyway, but I have God to keep me on track.  And I need Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment