Saturday, July 24, 2010

I LOVE a good book!


So, I know it has been forever since I have blogged. Sorry, I have no real excuse. So I'm not going to lie and make up one, but...

I have been reading this book that my sister has been asking me to read for months. And I'm happy I finally listened to her, because it is amazing! It is really getting me thinking about life and how easy I have it is a Christian living in America compared to then. Although, in other ways our society and this society have a lot in common.

It is called Voice in the Wind, and it is a part of a trilogy called 'Mark of the Lion'. It is dated a few years after the death of Jesus. And the struggle of 4 main characters living in Roman times of war and gladiators. I thought, as I always do of Christian books, that it was going to be really emotional and lame. But once again, God has proved me wrong....and humbled me greatly, I might add.

I found that I had so much in common with all the different characters in one aspect or another. And the society of Rome I found is a lot like America, and not in a good way. The writer is Francine Rivers, who also wrote Redeeming Love and The Atonement Child. Both are really great books that are a must read!!

So, do yourself a favor and read the 'Mark of the Lion' series and all of Francine Rivers' books while your at it! I promise you, you will be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment